Monday, September 1, 2008

I have spent more time looking...

...for paint for my house than I ever did looking for a wedding dress. It is ridiculous that I have wasted DAYS looking for paint for my living room and bedroom! I had the house painted when I first moved in 6 years ago (really? has it been 6 yrs?). So, two years ago I bought the paint of my dreams and used it me dead mum's house to get it ready to sell...I loved it so much I bought some for me...so 2 years later, on one of my many employment sabbaticals, I decide I HAVE to paint! I get out the paint and it doesn't smell bad (that's what the paint dude told me to look for since it had been 2 years). OK, so far so good. I already have all the accutraments and since I learned from a prefessionul painter how to cut in, I don't need no drop cloths or masking off. (Ahem, did I tell you about the quart of school bus yellow paint I dropped in my entry way? now I just stand behind my front door with my umbrella and my Howdy-Doody lunch box waiting for the short bus...) But, I digress. So, only one of the colors looks right and the others, not so much. Back I go for a retint and more tint and ...I gotta start over (heavy sigh)

Anyway, after many trips to many stores for many paint samples and complete exhaustion from walking back and forth, day and night trying to see if I like the colors at all times of day and in all types of lighting, I decide today is the day or I miss the sale! I finally make it to the Home Depot, where I always check out the oops paint first...got Behr paint for my laundry room for $5.00! Well, as I turn the corner and start scanning the can tops, what to my wondering eyes should appear? The perfect color FOR FIVE U.S. American dollars! OMG! I tell the paint lady (and I use the term loosely) that if it looks wrong in the incandescent lighting I will bring it back and get the color I slaved over within a half hour. She says you can't return OOPS paint. LOL! I said, yes u will and she said OK...like I am the boss of her or something...whatever...I got it home and it was D-LISH! I propped it up with the different bedspreads (I have a winter and a summer) which Spike the cat wanted to play "fort" under and when I try to put him out of the way he starts to climb up my shoulder for his "hug" whereupon he can look down from on high and make the dogs jealous...again I digress...where was I...oh, yes, propped up and looking good...this gave me extra money from dogsitting and babysitting throw-up boy and his siblings...that's a whole nuther blog...so I got out my trust PURDY brush and started swiping some samples around and after watching the samples dry (kinda like holding your breath while waiting to see what happens after you pee on the stick). Well, like Rachel Ray says...YUM-O! It is soooo amazing it even works in the living room where the colors didn't come out right! I call paint lady back and ask how do I get more if I need it cuz the rip the color codes off for OOPS cuz the have no idea what they put in it the first time...hence the OOPS! She goes on to say if I paint some on a white card they will "scan" it and get as close as possible then I can mix them together! Oh glee Oh joy...howse that workin' for ya lady? Dilemma, shall I paint the bedroom with it or the living room and/or both, praying for the multiplying of its ala the loaves and fishes? or...let's see, I haven't hit Ace Hardware for samples, oh, maybe Walmart...

I see my time here is thru and Boomer Sooner, still smelling a little skunky, is currently staring at and growling at his food on a newspaper because Crazy Daisy won't eat out of dish anymore, and he is like Pete and Repeat so I better investigate...

Wow, if u made it all the way thru this in one sitting, I gotta know!

Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find the best paints the oops section!!!!!!!! No one ever believes me when they say they love the color of a certain room and I tell them it cost me about $5!