Monday, August 18, 2008

Beginnings and Forgiveness

Greetings and salutations! Who knew? Thank you featherlikeabird.blogspot.com and countrygirl...imitation is the sincerity? Not so much..now taking inspiration from you heroes...yeah, much better.

So. I always have something rattling around the brain cavity...usually scary. This week I have had occasion to forgive and it wasn't necessarily all my fault...poop, okay, it wouldn't have turned into what it became had I not fleshed out and aggravated the whole thing. Oh, I am not saying it didn't feel delish, however, now I look stupid. This is the second neighbor that had become my arch enemy (OMG - me having an enemy!).

This week I was informing the new neighbor (A RENTER!) about a homeowners association violation he was commiting, his SECOND perpetration in ONE WEEK! ARGHHHH! (How self-righteous am I - let she who is without sin...) so I simply made the statement and he looked at me and started walking away and I said something inflammatory and it was ON! I stayed calm and smug while he railed on and on in my face, pointing about 6 inches away from my roman nose, and of course, I had to comment on what a great "pointer" he had....ooooo...now he is swearing and threatening and, of course, I had to tell him how scared I was and how I was going to "tell on him". (What am I 6?) Off he went in his truck still yelling at me down the drive and I smiled triumphantly. And the Lord spoke: "repent!" No, He just said I have to apologize...I HATE it when that happens...and as the Lord would have it, I had my chance the very next night. I apologized humbly (the dogs didn't even bark at them) to him and his girl/wife? and he said "ok". OMG, he didn't even apologize for his rantings! So, I had to forgive AGAIN! Do I rock or what! Let's keep that door of blessing open, shall we? Big Hugs! Her Highness

4 comments:

feather k said...

Oh...but you DO rock! And way to be the bigger person...and btw...I strive to imitate you :)

The Queen of Everything said...

Thank you Feather K for reading AND being my first comment! How do I love thee...

Anonymous said...

Dahling when we moved into our house Rocco barked soooo much that we had to apologize to our neighbor the second or third day we lived here. Also hot fresh Italian Bread and a few weeks later hot fresh Banana bread always seems to smooth things over !!!
The Princess of All... since my daddy is the KING!!

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

you are wonderful...i think i would have left a messae on his voicemail cause i am big like that and all...or maybe a note on a carrier pigeon...i am vintage like that and all too. amen.